Tuesday 4 September 2007

ALT-C the day so far

So far this morning ALT-C has been quite interesting. The key note did not seem to be relevant to the work that I do. However, as it progresses more and more elements seemed to be relevant. One element in particular was related to the gap between assessment at school and then in HE. I wonder if there is a model of use for WebPA, to bridge this gap.

I have also attended the networking event chaired by Ronda and Tom. For me this has been one of the most beneficial sessions so far. Even though the session was not too full, I think that everyone there really benefited from the time to meet new faces. I have met a number of new faces so far to day as well as seeing some people that I haven't seen in a while.

To day so far has also been good as a catch up with some people I haven't seen in a while as well as Rene from the university of Derby, who is to host WebPA for us.

The only element that I have found strange is the titles for the sessions and also the abstracts do not always reflect the content of the presentation and so far I have been disappointed by one in particular. I had been hopeing to take the lessons learned and apply them in practice for the WebPA project.

At the moment as everyone is rushing to the next session I am sitting writing this before I am going to go over my presentation so that I will be ready at 5.

No comments: