The following week I was at the OSS-Watch Risk Management in Open Source Procurement. For me the key elements that I picked up on where:
- The more customisations move away from the original code the harder they are to maintain and also integrate back in
- What business reasons can we provide to show that the adoption of WebPA is beneficial
- What are the upgrade cycles for a project, as this will often help to sway a potential adopter
- What would aid our survivability, would it be via becoming a service.
- How can we best show the scalability of the WebPA system.
In the middle of this I have damaged my hand and wrist so, somethings are becoming slightly behind as I work through the pain. I have also had to take some holiday, so that was the end of March really.
Now we are in April, I am getting back into the swing of things. However, I still have a list as long as my arm that I need to complete soon, as well as, preparing for the IMS Awards next month, which is only 5.5weeks away!