Wednesday 2 April 2008

So what happened to March

At the almost beginning of march I wrote about attending the JISC Programme Meeting. Well the outcomes where that it was interesting to see that other JISC e-assessment orientated projects are having some of the same issues that we as a project have been facing. However, in other respects we are miles ahead of others in what we have accomplished. A lot of attendees where interested in how we had progressed to being open source so quickly in the project and where interested in finding out more about what they could learn from us. Also the other main area people where interested in was the IMS Award shortlist. For me the afternoon was not quite as good as it could have been, and I really didn't have much to take away with me.

The following week I was at the OSS-Watch Risk Management in Open Source Procurement. For me the key elements that I picked up on where:
  • The more customisations move away from the original code the harder they are to maintain and also integrate back in
  • What business reasons can we provide to show that the adoption of WebPA is beneficial
  • What are the upgrade cycles for a project, as this will often help to sway a potential adopter
  • What would aid our survivability, would it be via becoming a service.
  • How can we best show the scalability of the WebPA system.
A lot of other topics where also covered, far too many to mention here.


In the middle of this I have damaged my hand and wrist so, somethings are becoming slightly behind as I work through the pain. I have also had to take some holiday, so that was the end of March really.

Now we are in April, I am getting back into the swing of things. However, I still have a list as long as my arm that I need to complete soon, as well as, preparing for the IMS Awards next month, which is only 5.5weeks away!

No comments: