Thursday 29 May 2008

Multi SIG meeting

Last week I attended the joint SIG meeting for the JISC CETIS groups on enterprise, portfolios and assessment up in Glasgow. As the developer for the project I tend to try and attend the Enterprise SIG meetings, but so far I have not been able to attend the assessment meetings, due to timing. But more over this was the first time that I would be presenting.

For me the meeting was a huge success. There where a lot of people there who are interested in the WebPA system and what it can provide for them. One person could see positive uses for WebPA in further education colleges that they support. Others could see a use for WebPA in their teaching and institutions. This is all really positive for the project as we have a very unique tool that there seems to be a real need for.

However, I must say that we where not the only project presenting, Alan also provided information on the DELIA project and there where others there to discuss a new standard for schools being proposed the the BSI and much much more. I do tend to find that these meetings are informative and interesting in the variety of topics, projects and subjects that are covered in such a short period of time.

I hope that the interest expressed at the time can translate into people actually downloading and trying the WebPA system for themselves.

No comments: